QWERTY Festival – A Celebration of the Typewriter!
Save the date to celebrate all things typewriter at The QWERTY Festival, Saturday, August 11, 2018, from 10am to 4pm, at The Museum of Printing.
- Presentations on typewriter history, maintenance, and applications.
- Participate in workshops on typewriter adjustment and repair.
- Learn who actually invented the typewriter (it was not Mr. Remington).
- Peruse 20 tables of typewriter repair services, typewriter suppliers, and typewriter-related publications and products.
- Buy a typewriter for someone you love.
- See the exhibit of over 40 of the Museum’s typewriters, many specialty typewriters.
- Learn about “cold type” proportional-type typewriters such as the Varityper, Justowriter, and IBM Composer.
- See rare office machines, from the very first Mimeograph to Gestetner and Ditto, and more.
- View demonstrations of the Linotype machine which was invented because of the typewriter.
- Cast your name in hot metal, then print your certificate naming you a genuine “slugcaster.”
- Type on a vintage Royal manual typewriter with more fingers than just your thumbs.
- Celebrate the 40th year of The Museum of Printing, a Massachusetts non-profit that preserves the rich history of the printed word.Table exhibitors $120 each, limited to 20 exhibitors.
The Hampton Inn, Haverhill, MA is 4 minutes away, a refurnished Best Western is 3 minutes away.
The Museum is located at 15 Thornton Ave., Haverhill, MA. Haverhill is pronounced HAY-VRILL.Top ↑